The weather is starting to warm up and it’s around this time of year that we’re often asked about the practical side of babywearing in the heat.
People tend to agree that it’s fine in theory, but question if it really works. In our experience, it does work, but there are a number of tips and tricks for keeping cool and comfortable with your baby in a carrier.
Some things to remember...
• Avoid venturing outside in the middle of the day; reserve your outings for early morning or late afternoon/evening if possible.
• Dress for the weather – you and baby! This may mean just a nappy for baby and a light cotton shirt for you.
• Use an umbrella for shade, or walk in the shade where possible.
• Remember: If it’s 35 degrees outside, it’s going to be hot for your baby whether he/she is in a pram, in a carrier or in someone’s arms. Keep baby hydrated!
• Don’t forget their limbs! With little arms and legs poking out from the carrier, remember to use sunscreen or cover them with the excess fabric from the carrier.
• Keep yourself hydrated! Your baby will require a lot of small drinks throughout the day and if you're breastfeeding, you in turn will need to stay hydrated to meet the demand. Keep a close eye on your baby’s nappy to ensure he/she is wetting frequently.
Opt for a Caboo Lite which offers light yet totally functional baby wearing capabilities for the summer months.
Speaking of the Caboo Lite, we have had two new colours come into the warehouse. You can check out the new Jungle and Block colours HERE.
Aren't they gorgeous! I think they might just be my new favourite Caboo Lite colours!